A limited quantity of reserved seats remain for the two-day Breeders’ Cup international festival of racing, Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3, at Santa Anita Park, as advanced sales have outpaced 2008 and 2009, the last time the event was held in Southern California.
The 29th Breeders’ Cup, Thoroughbred racing’s most prestigious global event, consists of 15 races with purses and awards totaling more than $25 million. First race post time on Championship Friday is 11:15 a.m. PT.
A limited quantity of premium seats remain available for Friday and Saturday in Trackside dining and Grandstand areas, as follows:
LOCATION FRIDAY SATURDAY TWO-DAY PACKAGE
Clockers’ Corner $135 $250 $385
Baldwin Terrace Dining $200 SOLD OUT
Frontrunner Bar $500 SOLD OUT
Turf Club SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
RESERVED SEATING OPTIONS
LOCATION FRIDAY SATURDAY TWO-DAY PACKAGE
Sections H-K $250 $300 $550
Sections L-N $150 $200 $350
Sections O-Q $150 $200 $350
Sections R-T $50 SOLD OUT
Sections U-V $50 $75 $125
Available seats and purchase options can be found at www.breederscup.com/tickets or by calling 877-TIX-4CUP (877-849-4287).
WIDE ARRAY OF SPECIAL EVENTS DURING BREEDERS’ CUP
Breeders’ Cup also announced a selection of special events that will take place throughout the days leading up to the Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Santa Anita.
Events to be held in Southern California and at Santa Anita during the World Championships include:
· Taste of LA, presented by KNBC, November 2 and 3 — Sample cuisine from some of the hot spots in Los Angeles at Santa Anita during the World Championships.
· “Fascinator and Fedora” Fashion Event presented by Los Angeles Magazine and Westfield Santa Anita mall, November 2 and 3 – One fashionable fan will walk away with a $5,000 Westfield gift card for the best Fascinator and another will win a $5,000 Westfield gift card for the best Fedora. The Fashion event will take place adjacent to Santa Anita’s magnificent Paddock area during both days of racing.
· Zenyatta Celebration —Zenyatta fans have the option of sitting with other Zenyatta fans during the World Championships as part of the second annual “Zenyatta Celebration.” Premier Grandstand seating in the designated Zenyatta Section during the Breeders’ Cup World Championships is now available online at http://www.breederscup.com/tickets/grandstand-reserved or by calling 877-TIX4CUP (877-849-4287). Tickets are $150 for Friday and $200 for Saturday. Included with the special section tickets is a complimentary Autumn season Clubhouse pass to Santa Anita Park, as well as a unique Zenyatta souvenir. Patrons must purchase by Sept 17 in order to receive the complimentary Clubhouse pass to Santa Anita Park.
· The DeepStacks Breeders’ Cup Celebrity Invitational, October 30 –A Charity Poker event to be held at Commerce Casino in Commerce, Calif., proceeds from the DeepStacks Breeders’ Cup Celebrity Invitational Poker Tournament will benefit California Retirement Management Account (CARMA). For more information please visit http://www.breederscup.com/experience/celebrity-invitational.
· The Official Breeders’ Cup Experience from QuintEvents — In conjunction with Breeders’ Cup Experiences, QuintEvents is offering fans newly-created packages for this year’s World Championships, bringing fans closer to the action and providing a turn-key program that includes seats in various locations throughout Santa Anita, fast access to the track, on-site hospitality, special paddock viewing, ground transportation, parking and other concierge services for Corporate and social groups. Packages are available at http://quintevents.com/sports-travel/horse-racing/breeders-cup-2012.
For the sixth time, Santa Anita will host the Breeders’ Cup. Under the two-day Championship format, Friday’s 10-race program will begin at 11:15 a.m. PT and finish at approximately 4:25 p.m. PT with the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic. Saturday’s 12-race card will begin at 10:05 a.m. PT and conclude with the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at 5:35 p.m. PT, which will also be aired live on NBC.
General Admission tickets will go on sale beginning Monday, October 1 for online purchase only. The online price for Championship Friday will be $10. General Admission online price on Championship Saturday is $15. Patrons will be able to print their tickets at home and bring them to the track for admission. General admission prices at the gate on Championship Friday will be $15 and $20 on Championship Saturday. General admission tickets do not include a reserved seat at the racetrack.
All fans attending the Breeders’ Cup will receive a complimentary official Breeders’ Cup World Championships track program.