For the period of Sunday, July 30th, through Saturday, August 5th, the Police Department responded to 955 calls for service, of which 117 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of the major incidents handled by the Department during this period.
Sunday, July 30:
- Just after 12:00 a.m., officers responded to Eisenhower Park, 601 North Second Avenue, regarding the report of two suspicious vehicles. Upon arrival, one vehicle was located and the driver was contacted. The driver was found to be in possession of metal knuckles, a wooden sword and a collapsible baton. He also used another person’s driver’s license to identify himself. The 18-year-old male from Rosemead was transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- Around 7:02 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the front of a residence on the 500 block of Columbia Road regarding a suspicious vehicle. Further investigation revealed the unoccupied vehicle had been stolen from El Monte. The vehicle was recovered. No suspects were seen and no witnesses were located.
Monday, July 31:
3. At approximately 10:30 a.m., officers responded to the rear of Vons, 745 West Naomi Avenue, regarding the report of a male hitting a female. Officers contacted the male subject in his vehicle. The subject fled from officers on foot, but was later located with the assistance of several witnesses and the Pasadena Police Department Airship. The subject had three outstanding warrants for his arrest. The 28-year-old male from Arcadia was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Just after 9:10 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of Las Tunas Drive and Holly Avenue for having expired registration. Upon contacting the driver, it was discovered that she was driving with a suspended driver’s license and one of the passengers had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. The 20-year-old female from Los Angeles was cited and released at the scene. The 19-year-old male from Gardena was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Tuesday, August 1:
- At around 10:13 a.m., an officer responded to Starbucks, 733 West Naomi Avenue, regarding a subject who was harassing customers. Upon contacting the 50-year-old female from Temple City, the officer noticed symptoms of alcohol intoxication and determined she was unable to care for herself. She was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- At approximately 10:50 p.m., an officer was dispatched to 7-Eleven, 2 East Duarte Road, regarding a robbery. An investigation revealed two male suspects entered the convenience store and forcefully took a cigar from the clerk and threatened to stab him with a pen. The suspects are described as males, 26 to 28-years-old. One suspect had visible tattoos on his arms. They fled the scene in a light colored Volkswagen sedan. The investigation is ongoing.
Wednesday, August 2:
- At approximately 10:59 a.m., officers were dispatched to a residence on the 300 block of North Fifth Avenue regarding the report of a battery. An investigation revealed, an argument between brothers escalated and the subject punched his brother in his face. The 18-year-old male from Arcadia was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- Just after 7:25 p.m., an officer responded to the area of North Santa Anita Avenue and Perkins Drive regarding a residential alarm activation. Upon arrival, the officer found two subjects fighting in the street. Further investigation revealed, one subject had an outstanding warrant for his arrest and the other subject was in violation of his probation. The 19-year-old males from El Monte were arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Thursday, August 3:
9. At approximately 3:49 a.m., officers responded to the area of South Santa Anita Avenue and Campus Drive regarding subjects sitting in the center median. Officers made contact with the subjects and discovered one of the subjects was in possession of a controlled substance and another subject was under the influence of a controlled substance. The 18- year-old male from Monrovia and the 18-year-old female from Alhambra were arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
10. At about 6:12 a.m., officers responded to the 800 block of Fairview Avenue regarding several reports of a fire. The roof of a two-story apartment complex had become fully engulfed in flames. Officers assisted with evacuating every unit in the complex and the Arcadia, Los Angeles County, Pasadena, Monrovia, San Gabriel and San Marino Fire Departments responded to extinguish the fire. Thanks to the quick efforts of law and fire personnel, no one was injured. The building was deemed uninhabitable and the American Red Cross was contacted to assist the displaced residents.
Friday, August 4:
- Just after 12:25 a.m., an officer contacted two subjects in front of 7-Eleven, 1003 South Baldwin Avenue, while investigating the report of a bike theft. Further investigation revealed one subject had an outstanding warrant for his arrest and he was in possession of drug paraphernalia. The 44-year-old male from Los Angeles was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- At about 8:48 a.m., officers responded to a residence on the 000 block of West Norman Avenue regarding a residential burglary. An investigation revealed the suspect shattered a window, encountered the resident inside the home and fled the scene. The suspect was found three blocks away and found to be in possession of methamphetamine. The 24- year-old male from Arcadia was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Saturday, August 5:
- At approximately 3:07 p.m., an officer patrolling the area of First Avenue and Duarte Road observed a vehicle with expired registration. The officer contacted the driver and discovered he was in possession of drug paraphernalia. The 32-year-old male from Los Angeles was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- Shortly after 3:40 p.m., officers responded to CVS, 188 Las Tunas Drive, regarding a theft report. An investigation revealed a male suspect entered the store and stole $33.87 worth of merchandise. The suspect was located and found to have an outstanding warrant for his arrest. The 32-year-old male from El Monte was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.