Incident: Sexual Assault Investigation/Arrest
Date and Time of Release: October 31, 2017, 2:00 p.m.
On October 27, 2017, Detectives from the Arcadia Police Department arrested 36-year old San Gabriel resident Diego Cervantes-Briones (pictured), in connection with a sexual assault investigation. On October 31, 2017, the case was presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office for review. The District Attorney’s Office filed nine Felony counts on Cervantes-Briones for the following charges:
- P.C. 261(a)(2) – Forcible Rape
- P.C. 289(a)(1)(A) – Sexual Penetration by Foreign Object
- P.C. 288a(c)(2)(A) – Forcible Oral Copulation
- P.C. 236 – False Imprisonment by Violence
- P.C. 243.4(a) – Sexual Battery by Restraint
Cervantes-Briones was booked at the Arcadia City jail and bail was set at $1,750,000.
If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call “Crime Stoppers” by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), use your smartphone by downloading the “P3 Tips” Mobile APP on Google play or the Apple App Store or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.