Newcomers and Friends of San Gabriel Valley is having a Meet and Greet Coffee from 10 a.m. – 12 noon Wednesday, May 1, at a member’s home in Sierra Madre, CA.
Looking to meet new friends, have some fun, and become more familiar with the area?
All women that are new to this area, or have had changes in their lives, or are looking for fun and interesting daytime activities and making new friends are cordially invited to stop by for socializing and refreshments (no charge to attend), and to learn about the other exciting events available during the upcoming month. Newcomers and Friends of SGV is a friendly, warm, welcoming group.
For more information, please visit our website, www.sgvnewcomers.com.
This Newcomers chapter has existed since 1965 and has one hundred members. It is a fun way to become acquainted with the community, meet new people, and make friends through a variety of activities.
There are Newcomers chapters all over California and the world. Newcomers & Friends of San Gabriel Valley offers the following regular activities:
• Coffees are held the first Wednesday of each month, September through June, at 10 am, usually at various members’ homes. Members and guests socialize and attend a general meeting to learn about upcoming activities.
• Luncheons are held the second Wednesday of each month, September through July, at various local restaurants throughout the San Gabriel Valley, usually followed by an informative or entertaining program.
• Tours are often held the fourth Wednesday of each month. Groups visit local, interesting, and fun places throughout the San Gabriel Valley and the greater Los Angeles areas.
Activity groups provide members an opportunity to meet people who share a common interest in a small group setting. Current activity groups include:
• Book Club • Bridge • Bunco • Golf • Hiking • Ladies on the Go—Day Trips
• Lunch Bunch • Mahjong • Movie Goers • Pinochle • Scrabble • Travel
• Wine Club
Newcomers & Friends of SGV has an annual tea in May—hats are encouraged—and a holiday luncheon in December.
Members receive a monthly newsletter ten months of the year, a membership directory, access to all membership activities, the opportunity to serve in leadership positions, and affiliation with a supportive group of women.
For more information, please contact Chris Kucma, President, 626/755-6676, firstname.lastname@example.org.